- College’s Verde Valley Art Gallery presents the amazing photography of Ron Chilston
The public is invited to a special opening reception January 18, 5-7 p.m., to celebrate a photography exhibit by Jerome ...
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: Jan. 10, 2019
It was a beautiful day in Sedona when I took off this afternoon, but by the time I got half ...
- Q&A: Lauren Thagard, algebra teacher, Student Council advisor, Mingus Union High School, Cottonwood
COTTONWOOD – From family pictures to senior pictures, engagement shoots to newborn babies, Lauren Thagard has photographed just about everything.
- Frosty & Chilly Run raises $2150 for Rainbow Acres
Every Jan. 1, Verde Valley motorcycle enthusiasts gather to ride to raise money for a local charity.
- VERDE HERITAGE 1938: Rural Sanitation Project Closing
The Community Sanitation Program came into existence as one of many work relief projects during December of 1933.
- VERDE HERITAGE 1937: New Year's Eve Snow Storm
One of the worst winters before the famous "1967 Snow" occurred in 1937, with 9 snow storms by January 19, ...
- Life in the Slow Lane:Snow Day
OK, be kind, dear relatives from Duluth. I know you sneer each time I mention it, but I have snow!
- VERDE HERITAGE 1938: CLEMENCEAU CHRISTMAS
The United Verde Extension Mining Company Smelter at Clemenceau closed on January 14, 1937, and James S Douglas retired from ...
- Western Light: Camp Verde Snow
On the last day of 2018, Camp Verde had a rare 4-inch snowfall.
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: Jan.2, 2018
Day 1 of the New Year was a relaxing and fun day.
- Q&A with Oak Creek School teacher of the week Tiana Hatler
“Tiana is very good at building trust with her kids,” Persaud said. “She is skilled at assessing where they are ...
- Jerome glass blower: An entertainer and historian
JEROME -- When artist Tracy Weisel is not actually blowing glass, he’s talking.
- Tell me more: A new paradigm
Ben loved his Uncle Jim. He didn’t know of any other family as diverse as his when it came to ...
- Q&A with Verde Valley Teacher of the Week Wendy Hutchinson
CAMP VERDE – For Wendy Hutchinson, teaching is about victories.
- Rebuilding John Deer Tractors ‘just for fun’
Rob Berry rebuilds John Deere tractors for a hobby.
- Be Fit Fit: A new trail in town
OK, fellow Villagers, here we got some great news! And I am sharing this as a proof that I am ...
- Carlson Creek Vineyard opens in Old Town
The Carlson Creek Vineyard has opened in Old Town Cottonwood to “share our wines with the communities throughout the Verde ...
- Camp Verde resident pitches perfecto on PSAT
The school’s director of Student Support Services said that she cannot recall a time when a Mingus student finished the ...
- Q&A: Dave Chapman to retire as transportation, maintenance director for Clarkdale-Jerome School District
CLARKDALE – Come Dec. 21, Dave Chapman will no longer be part of the working class.
- Photo Feature: Local Troop 7020 Boy Scouts work to create a path around Sunset Lake
Local Troop 7020 Boy Scouts work to create a path around Sunset Lake
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: Dec. 14, 2018
The outing on Lake Pleasant today was one of the funnest days on the water yet
- The case of the lost Christmas Tree
Cottonwood police are trying to crack the case of the lost Christmas tree. For now, the Christmas tree is in ...
- VERDE HERITAGE 1972: COTTONWOOD BUILDING CODE
New building codes and an inspector will result in the clean up (repairing, remodeling, redecorating) of abandoned and old structures, ...
- Life in the Slow Lane: Tiny's Shadow
The conversion of Lonely Girl from pig to sheep is now complete, at least in her mind and much to ...