- VERDE HERITAGE 1918: JEROME; Phenomenal Growth Continues
The mining camp is still overcrowded and it is almost impossible to get a place to sleep unless accommodations have ...
- VERDE HERITAGE 1939: COTTONWOOD COMMUNITY CLUB HOUSE
How the Cottonwood Community Club House was built is a story of determined women with the motto, "Work from the ...
- Western Light: Door to Nowhere
Jerome is a town of ghosts.
- VERDE VALLEY EDUCATOR OF THE WEEK: Sharon Ackerman
CAMP VERDE – With 15 years as an educator, including five at Camp Verde’s United Christian School, Sharon Ackerman knew ...
- What's Happening: Feb. 25, 2018
Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 10 and join us on Main Street in Historic Downtown Clarkdale for our 8th ...
- A visit to the Clarkdale wineries
The number of wineries in the Verde Valley continues to grow. The Dunnery decided to check out a few that ...
- Verde Valley veteran gets cooling, heating upgrade thanks to Goettl’s High Desert Mechanical
Adam and Ted Goettl, owners of Goettl’s High Desert Mechanical in the Verde Valley since 1987, and their crew shook ...
- Joshua Szyman joins Taylor & Huntley Financial Group
Joshua Szyman, who works with Taylor & Huntley Financial Group clients from all over Northern Arizona, graduated Summa Cum Laude ...
- Life in the Slow Lane: 'Cold Day, Wool Socks'
What a change. January brought days in the 80s but now that it's late February we're enjoying a stretch of ...
- VERDE HERITAGE 1922-1923: WILLARD COTTONWOOD GARAGE
Observing one of the oldest Cottonwood traditions, a dance was held in the newly completed building on February 24, 1923.
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: Feb. 20, 2018
I actually liked the first five shots in this series I shot of a Red Tail Hawk finishing his fresh, ...
- Verde Valley Educator of the Week: Rosie McClain
Just after graduating from high school in 2001 is when Rosie McClain discovered she wanted to become a teacher.
- What's Happening: Feb. 21, 2018
What's Happening: Feb. 21, 2018
- VERDE HERITAGE 1937: WPA Projects in the Verde Valley
The Works Progress Administration projects at Page Springs and Camp Verde were under way and the new bridge at Clarkdale ...
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: Feb. 19, 2018
Early evening is one of my favorite times to be cruising the peaks with all the beautiful shadows and the ...
- Yavapai County Public Works Director retires after 32 years
Feb. 15, Byron Jaspers officially concluded his 23 year career with Yavapai County as the Public Works Director.
- What's Happening: Feb. 18, 2018
What's Happening: Feb. 18, 2018
- VERDE HERITAGE 1924: CLARKDALE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Architect A. J. Gilford designed the new building with 8 classrooms at the Lower Townsite.
- VERDE HERITAGE 1925: CHOKREE GOBINS BUILDING
Mr. Gobins hired Architect A. L. Gilford to design his new building and Contractor George Barnett to build the structure.
- Life in the Slow Lane: "Flooring!"
When my ex-husband and I bought this place back in July of 2010, we were told that Sam, the previous ...
- Sedona Pathways, Our Daily Journey: Feb. 17, 2018
A little bonus in case you are inclined to head to Snow Bowl this weekend
- VVN serves lunch at Old Town Mission
Verde Valley Newspapers employees, from left, Amanda Arnold, Jessica Ryan, and Bill Helm serve lunch at the Old Town Mission ...
- Friends of the Verde River presents Verde River Runoff March 17
Friends of the Verde River presents the 6th annual Verde River Runoff March 17 in Camp Verde.