- Western Light: Rufus Hummingbird
You know the summer is starting to wind down when you see Rufus hummingbirds at your feeder.
- Called Magic Wok, owner of JT Bistro to offer affordable, casual Asian dining
CAMP VERDE – When John Teah opened J.T. Bistro two years ago, his plan was to open five restaurants in ...
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: Aug. 7, 2018
I captured a series of shots of the Blue Heron that I sent out last night and this shot is ...
- Central Barber Shop serves Cottonwood for 40 years
Nancy Griggsby, the owner of Central Barber Shop located in the Food City Plaza, is celebrating the business’ 40th anniversary ...
- The Fit Life: Comfort Sugars, Fats, and Other Beasts
When stressed or bored, we oftentimes reach out to so-called “comfort foods”. What are they? In three words, they are ...
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: Aug. 1, 2018
End of day on the Colorado Plateau on January 8th , 2017 … I took this shot on a very ...
- Passport to success for Macy Ahlers: 22-year-old embarks on journey as English teacher at Mingus Union
COTTONWOOD – Macy Ahlers isn’t too much older than the students she now teaches.
- Western Light: Mammatus
Mammatus clouds, named for their similarity to the female anatomy, are generally a sign of unsettled weather.
- Artist in residence program comes to Verde Valley
VERDE VALLEY – Earlier this year at Petrified Forest National Park, the man they call “Monk” wrote poetry about people, ...
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: July 23, 2018
For a few moments last Friday afternoon, these two predators had their eyes locked on each other and then the ...
- NEW BUSINESS: Bombaz Grill expands food truck to restaurant in Verde Village
A new restaurant has opened on Western Drive in Verde Village, just a few hundred feet off State Route 260. ...
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: July 18, 2018
When all else fails, do something different and this is the seventh photo I pulled up tonight.
- VERDE HERITAGE: 1970: Remember Alfredo at Bueno's?
Alfredo and Ava Gutierrez operated a Mexican restaurant on 89A at 12th Street.
- Life in the Slow Lane: Humidity
Our Monsoon season opened with a storm so powerful that it sent a flash flood right through my property.
- Life in the Slow Lane: PCU
It's official. I'm not selling the farm. What makes my decision official? I bought piglets.
- Sedona Pathways Our Daily Journey: July 10, 2018
I saw a bobcat whilst out with One this evening and it reminded me of a shot I took in ...