Click for HOME DELIVERY SPECIAL
- Editorial: Expert PR job by superintendent on potential school closure
The last two times we went down the road of closing an elementary school in the Verde Valley, it turned ...
- Letter: In Cottonwood, it’s Christmas every day
As the season of love and good cheer approaches, I find it is more and more difficult to tell the ...
- Letter: Saying goodbye to Sen. Jeff Flake cannot come soon enough
Senator Jeff Flake is correctly named. He is a “flake.”
- Letter: New tax bill will be devastating to many
The new tax bill just approved by the Senate and if approved by Congress, will drastically cut Medicare and Medicaid ...
- Letter: Excellent, professional care at Verde Valley Medical Center
After a recent stay at Verde Valley Medical Center, I want to thank and applaud the nurses and all personnel ...
- Editorial Cartoon: Nov. 17, 2017
Editorial Cartoon: Nov. 17, 2017
- Editorial: Consolidation question might best move forward as citizen initiative
The Upper Verde Valley’s history on consolidation/unification of its school districts has been divisive at best and confrontational at its ...
- Commentary: Hope on display in Texas
The first thing I noticed when I recently flew into Texas is the flags at half-staff. The second thing I ...
- Letter: 1917 Hance House in good hands with Verde Valley Questers
We would like to acknowledge and thank your newspaper for helping publicize our recent Pickles and Pies fundraiser held at ...
- Letter: How about lightening up on the loud car noise Cottonwood?
As a visitor to you town I find the people enthralled with loud noisy vehicles very annoying. Why do you ...
- Editorial Page Cartoon: Nov. 15, 2017
Editorial Page Cartoon: Nov. 15, 2017
- Commentary: Judge Bluff delivers latest plot twist in Seth Collins drama
The legal arena often can be a theater of the unexpected.
- Letter: Outstanding job by all in Lions Club Peace Art Contest
Camp Verde Students Advance to Lions Club International Posters for Peace Art Contest
- Letter: Schools need to learn to live within their means
- Letter: Biggest problem today is that we have lost our moral compass
There are so many good people out there who seem to tolerate the lack of a moral compass in our ...
- Letter: The last thing we need from government is more laws
I’m sorry, but I have to respond to Bob Richards opinion you printed Wed. Nov. 8th.
- Letter: Let’s deal with facts propaganda by gun-control groups
Bob Richards writes that “For much of our history we have had gun control measures."
- Editorial: Much wisdom to be gained from Yes-Yes campaign
The successful Yes-Yes campaign for the Cottonwood-Oak Creek and Mingus Union overrides this past week greatly benefited from having history ...
- Commentary: Adventure grant, being writers at Camp Verde schools
The Yavapai-Apache Nation has received initial approval of a $1.1 million dollar Adventure Grant.
- Commentary: Camp Verde Promotions seeks new leadership
Fort Verde Days was my last hoorah, and it may be the last hoorah for town events.
- Letter: Sedona cemetery spruced up during Mitzvah (Good Deed) Day
The community reached out to many residents to have an intergenerational, interfaith, day of community service in Sedona and the ...
- Letter: Thanks to all for successful passage of overrides
I want to thank all of the community of Cottonwood Oak Creek School District for their overwhelming support of their ...
- U.S. Veterans! You are America
It was on the stroke of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 that ...
- Editorial Cartoon: Nov. 10, 2017
Editorial Cartoon: Nov. 10, 2017
- Commentary: Our nation’s freedom guaranteed by all veterans
Saturday is a day for every citizen to remember and honor the sacrifice of our nation’s veterans.