- Editorial Cartoon: March 18, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: March 18, 2018
- Editorial: Political posturing does nothing to advance debate on school safety
No one should be surprised that political posturing is taking priority over meaningful debate as policymakers struggle to find solutions ...
- Commentary: Disruption new norm for White House
The conventional wisdom is that last week -- with a much-watched congressional special election, a shakeup in the diplomatic profile ...
- Editorial Cartoon: March 14, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: March 14, 2018
- Commentary: The best solution to life’s challenges is to stop thinking and just swim
In desperation, he screamed out to the ocean to help him to stop sinking. The ocean spoke, “The problem is ...
- Letter: Thanks to great volunteers, a great weekend in Clarkdale
Can’t say the Clarkdale Car Show this year was better than last year. Last year’s was as good as it ...
- Letter: Thanks to all for successful Yavapai County spelling Bee
On behalf of our corporate sponsor BMO Harris Bank, congratulations to the champion of the 72nd Annual Yavapai County Spelling ...
- Letter: How do I go about joining well-regulated militia ... and buy a musket?
I believe when this amendment was written, the arms of choice were muskets.
- Letters: Teenagers are children and grief knows no age limits
What do you mean? Don’t call teenagers children. It appeals to emotionalism.
- Editorial Cartoon: March 11, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: March 11, 2018
- Editorial: Consolidation politics at play in Cottonwood-Oak Creek campus realignment
A consolidated Upper Verde Valley school district is still much more talk than action.
- Commentary: Donald Trump’s most casually broken promise
Politicians break campaign promises all the time. Some are big promises; some are small. But few have been broken as ...
- Editorial Cartoon: March 9, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: March 9, 2018
- Editorial: Martin’s handling of Gardner investigation punctuated with fairness, due process
Camp Verde Town Manager Russ Martin has taken a lot of heat for the months-long investigation concerning Town Marshal Nancy ...
- Letters: More guns in schools is not the answer
The Florida Legislature is considering allowing selected staff to carry a firearm.
- Letter: Don’t call them children
The Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School shootings has certainly knocked over a set of active beehives, some of which have ...
- Editorial: School board needs to quit sitting on fence regarding Danny Howe
Depending on how you look at it, the Camp Verde School District has had either a school board problem … ...
- Commentary: Take a break to enjoy the wonderful world of ‘play’
Few words have more descriptive meanings than the word “play.”
- Commentary: Of arms and Americans: key turning points
Commenting on the revolutions of 1848 in Europe, the British historian A.J.P. Taylor remarked that “German history reached its turning ...