- Editorial Cartoon: May 20, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: May 20, 2018
- Commentary: Mingus agenda policy fails transparency test
A challenge last month to the Mingus Union School District’s compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law resulted in a ...
- EditorialCartoon: May 18, 2018
EditorialCartoon: May 18, 2018
- Editorial: Taxation issues front and center in Verde Valley this week
Your money was in the political bulls-eye this week.
- Commentary: Passage of SB1254 brings consolidation question one step closer to local voters
Credit Andy Groseta with one of the biggest political coups in Verde Valley history. Wednesday, Gov. Doug Ducey signed Senate ...
- My Turn: What does it take to run Yavapai College?
I am disappointed with the outcomes from the May 8 Yavapai Community College District Governing Board meeting.
- Letter: I definitely ‘astutely follow the workings of my local government’
Dan Engler should get his facts straight before he editorializes: “City’s sales tax debate becomes theater of unexpected.”
- Letter: Eliminate the healthcare middleman
Baby boomers were born from the very finest that fought and won World War II, etc.
- Letter: Culture, heritage of Rockin River Ranch has been destroyed
Last week I helped transport some of the last horses off of the Rockin River Ranch down Salt Mine Road ...
- Letter: We must pay for good roads, good school system
This letter began on Tax Day. At that time the Verde Independent had an article about I-17. It had a ...
- Letter: Don’raise sales tax because Cottonwood outspending budget
The proposal to raise Cottonwood’s sales tax is quite disturbing. It is already at 3 percent. How many thousands of ...
- Editorial Cartoon: May 9, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: May 9, 2018
- Editorial: Private, public partnerships needed to make special events in Camp Verde successful
With lagging volunteerism prompting the plug to be pulled on this year’s Camp Verde Cornfest, the community’s attention is now ...
- Letter: Teacher frustration about much more than money
This teacher frustration has been simmering for more than ten years and it is about much more than money.
- Letter: Look at all the great accomplishments of Republican Party
Thank you Republicans for all you have done to our county this past year.
- Editorial Page Cartoon: May 4, 2018
Editorial Page Cartoon: May 4, 2018
- Commentary: State’s dark cloud keeps local lighthouses from shining
I am cursed that I have a formal post-secondary degree in Economics, which makes the blessing of working in government, ...
- Editorial Cartoon: May 2, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: May 2, 2018
- Letter: Will we increase state debt to improve education funding?
This is a letter to the students of schools affected by Red for Ed. I’d like to suggest a vocabulary ...
- Letter: Financial fix for Arizona school system long overdue
During my tenure at COCSD, I have watched as education funding has slowly drained from our schools, leaving us lacking ...
- Letter: Walk a mile in teachers’ shoes and you will clearly see reason for walkout
Much debate has surrounded the recent teacher walkout that began yesterday. I would like to respond to some of the ...