- Letter: Verde Valley helping hands made for superb ‘Turkey Tuesday’
The Cottonwood Society of St. Vincent de Paul recently held our annual “Turkey Tuesday” food drive at Food City.
- Editorial Page Cartoon: Nov. 28, 2018
Editorial Page Cartoon: Nov. 28, 2018
- Editorial: Opportunity awaits for those who want to help select next college president
A favorite whipping boy for many Verde Valley residents is Yavapai College.
- Letter: Next year don’t forget the ‘Mother of Thanksgiving’
Why was there NO mention of “Mother of Thanksgiving”- Sarah J. Hale in your two items regarding Thanksgiving?
- Letter: Your gift the perfect present for Giving Angels
Every holiday season thousands of seniors are poverty stricken financially and emotionally as they sit at home alone … feeling ...
- Many thanks to all for aiding mission of Bread of Life Food Bank
Bread of Life Food Bank, founded in 1994, has occupied the same office for years without any updating.
- Commentary: Trump tramples press freedoms
“This is a very, very important case,” prominent Republican lawyer Ted Olson told CNN. “This could happen to any journalist, ...
- Commentary: Trump Dynasty itching for a fight
As the Trump Dynasty stumbles into misrule and failure, how long before the first well-known journalist gets murdered?
- Editorial Cartoon: Nov. 23, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: Nov. 23, 2018
- Commentary: Vista Village could be spark needed for incorporation of VOC
About 30 years ago, the Coconino County Board of Supervisors approved plans for a Sizzler Restaurant in Uptown Sedona in ...
- Editorial: Thanksgiving hope for 'good understanding' still survives
Our language has changed drastically, our community spirit has changed and our general purpose for the holiday has changed (family ...
- Editorial Cartoon: 11-18-18
Editorial Cartoon: 11-18-18
- Commentary: Democrats should take good look at history before going down impeachment highway
If Democrats are trying to reassure anyone that they won’t impeach President Trump, they’re aren’t doing a very good job ...
- Editorial: Willing partnerships paved way to merger of Verde fire agencies
If there is anything to be learned about the consolidation of various fire departments in the Verde Valley as it ...
- Commentary: Big challenges await new Mingus Union School Board
It’s an unenviable list of tasks awaiting the new Mingus Union School Board that takes office in January.
- Letter: Decline of Sedona pretty much true for all of Arizona
As a 6th generation native Arizonan I can relate to Patti Hughes Letter on the decline of Sedona. I feel ...
- Letter: Thanks to all for making Trunk or Treat a huge success
The staff at Camp Verde Parks & Recreation wants to thank all of the public who made last night’s Trunk ...
- Letter: Why is 12th Street a mess again?
Why has Cottonwood torn up 12th Street again? Two years ago, they took a long time to rebuild it and ...
- Letter: Rules of the road need to apply equally to bikers
A short while ago this morning I was tooling down 89A toward Cottonwood, maintaining normally a steady speed of 45 ...
- Commentary: Political trauma created impossible situation for Hargrove
Throughout her 16-month run as Mingus Union school superintendent, one always had to wonder if Penny Hargrove ever once had ...
- Letter: It’s sad to see what Sedona has become
My first visit to Sedona was in 1986. There wasn’t much here. The Rainbow Room and the Art Barn provided ...
- Letter: Thank you for your overwhelming vote of confidence
I am now one of your elected representatives on the MUHS school board. You overwhelmingly voted me into this position.
- Letter: We have to DO democracy every day
Following the 2016 election of Trump we saw a surge in membership in the League of Women Voters locally and ...
- Our nation’s freedom guaranteed by all veterans
Veterans Day is a day for every citizen to remember and honor the sacrifice of our nation’s veterans.
- U.S. Veterans: You are America
It was on the stroke of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 that ...