- Editorial: Mingus board, administration taking high road on transparency
So much of the 2018 administrative and governance decision-making processes at Mingus Union High School were of the deer-in-the-headlights variety.
- Letter: Gosar an embarrassment to District 4, Arizona
Mr. Gosar, who previously was a practicing dentist, did not display any type of clear thoughts, thought organization, respect for ...
- Guest Editorial: Bible class a bad mix for public high school curriculum
The idea of teaching about the Bible in our secular public high schools is a non starter.
- Editorial Cartoon No. 2: March 6, 2019
Editorial Cartoon No. 2: March 6, 2019
- Editorial Cartoon No. 1: March 6, 2019
Editorial Cartoon No. 1: March 6, 2019
- Editorial: Prescott-Verde ‘Water War’ not nearly the threat as once believed
Nothing short of Mingus Mountain has ever created a divide between the Verde Valley and the Prescott communities quite like ...
- Commentary: Three races all on same day poor planning at its worst
According to the undeniable runners’ go-to website when planning weekend race events, runningintheusa.com reports there are at least 644 running ...
- Letter: Add electronic devices to demise of common sense
On Feb. 24 you published an editorial by Ron Parker, about the death of “Common Sense.”
- Letter: Choosing life is always the right choice
Consider the consequences if your own mother had sided with the Senate Democrats and chosen this option.
- Editorial: Jerome needs to quit talking and take action on paid parking
It’s been a consistent message coming out of Jerome for at least 10 years now.
- Editorial Cartoon 2: Feb. 27, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 2: Feb. 27, 2019
- Editorial Cartoon 1: Feb. 27, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 1: Feb. 27, 2019
- Letter: Teaching Bible, professionally, a daunting task
My concerns about teaching the Bible in public schools outweigh my enthusiasm for such a task.
- Letter: VVPOA welcomes volunteers to join in the pickin’
On Saturday February 16, 12 members of the Verde Village Property Owners Association took on the task as VVPOA does ...
- Editorial Cartoon: Feb. 24, 2019
Editorial Cartoon: Feb. 24, 2019
- Guest Editorial: America should mourn the loss of ‘Common Sense’
Today we could be mourning the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for ...
- Letter: Verde Valley over-reacted to snow storm; a bunch of softies
I wish I had something important to report but I have to say that someone who was raised in central ...
- Letter: Young people getting wrong message about drugs
Too many fall victim to substances, legal and illegal. Commonly prescribed drugs are debilitating families and leading people to the ...
- Editorial: Big decision awaits Freeport-McMoRan on Verde River dam
Exercising your rights is not always the same as doing the right thing.
- Letter: Let the anti-wall folks provide refuge for immigrants
Much debate rages over illegal immigration, border security, and “Trump’s Wall.” The issue has become highly politicized and, yes, on ...
- Commentary: Practicing good government begins with teaching civics
Sunday it was reported that several local school boards are considering adding a new course to their curriculum, the teaching ...
- Letter: Spying goes beyond your cellphone
Rep. Kelly Townsend is to be applauded for sounding the alarm over cellphone spying. However, such snooping is only the ...
- Letter: Hats off to Verde Village Highway 260 clean-up crew
I wish to thank all of the volunteers who helped on the Highway 260 cleanup in the VVPOA section of ...
- Editorial: Council appointment should not focus on city hall issue
With the Cottonwood City Council deadlocked on making the Rough Cut building the new City Hall, the appointment process for ...
- Editorial Cartoon 2: Feb. 17, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 2: Feb. 19, 2019