- Letter: Science should not be relegated to be nothing but theories
I just read where a person responsible for the education of our children has decided that evolution and the science ...
- Letter: Trump is certainly no hero
My grandfather served in the United States Army during World War II, and was very fortunate to make it home ...
- Letter: Voters will clearly see wisdom of council’s decision on sales tax
I disagree with Dan Engler that city council members who supported the tax hike are in the political hot seat ...
- Editorial: Much can change before sales tax hike becomes official
For those still not convinced the Cottonwood City Council is acting in your best interests by raising the municipal sales ...
- Letter: Helping hands make highway cleanup a big success
I wish to thank the volunteers who helped with the highway 260 cleanup this past Saturday, May 19.
- Letter: Time for the annual ‘not-so-public notice by Phoenix Cement
I just noticed the Cement Plant has posted another “not so public”, notice on Cement Plant Road, which is a ...
- Letter: Poor decision by County Board of Supervisors
The handling of the rezoning of Sugarloaf Mt. in Cornville by the Board of Supervisors is a disgrace.
- Letter: Questionable justice
Heading home to Rimrock, leaving Cornville at night, a friend let a truck pass, and was following several vehicles when ...
- Letter: $85,000 a year day care in Camp Verde
I’m confused. When the Camp Verde school board opted to go to a four day school week, the reason given ...
- Editorial Cartoon: May 20, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: May 20, 2018
- Commentary: Mingus agenda policy fails transparency test
A challenge last month to the Mingus Union School District’s compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law resulted in a ...
- EditorialCartoon: May 18, 2018
EditorialCartoon: May 18, 2018
- Editorial: Taxation issues front and center in Verde Valley this week
Your money was in the political bulls-eye this week.
- Commentary: Passage of SB1254 brings consolidation question one step closer to local voters
Credit Andy Groseta with one of the biggest political coups in Verde Valley history. Wednesday, Gov. Doug Ducey signed Senate ...
- My Turn: What does it take to run Yavapai College?
I am disappointed with the outcomes from the May 8 Yavapai Community College District Governing Board meeting.
- Letter: I definitely ‘astutely follow the workings of my local government’
Dan Engler should get his facts straight before he editorializes: “City’s sales tax debate becomes theater of unexpected.”
- Letter: Eliminate the healthcare middleman
Baby boomers were born from the very finest that fought and won World War II, etc.
- Letter: Culture, heritage of Rockin River Ranch has been destroyed
Last week I helped transport some of the last horses off of the Rockin River Ranch down Salt Mine Road ...
- Letter: We must pay for good roads, good school system
This letter began on Tax Day. At that time the Verde Independent had an article about I-17. It had a ...
- Letter: Don’raise sales tax because Cottonwood outspending budget
The proposal to raise Cottonwood’s sales tax is quite disturbing. It is already at 3 percent. How many thousands of ...
- Editorial Cartoon: May 9, 2018
Editorial Cartoon: May 9, 2018
- Editorial: Private, public partnerships needed to make special events in Camp Verde successful
With lagging volunteerism prompting the plug to be pulled on this year’s Camp Verde Cornfest, the community’s attention is now ...