- Verde Valley athletes earn All-State honors
Camp Verde High and Mingus Union were well represented on their respective All-Conference teams for baseball and softball.
- Taylor and Babcock win Mingus athlete of the year
Mingus Union recently bestowed its boys and girls athletes of the year awards on a pair that besides being stellar ...
- Mingus football begins summer 7-on-7 games
Mingus Union football’s new look squad debuted Thursday night, in their first action against other teams of 2019.
- Mingus softball loads up on Grand Canyon Region honors
After their strong season, Mingus Union softball had a slew of players receive recognition from the Grand Canyon Region.
- UA hires away NAU men’s basketball head coach
The University of Arizona didn’t go far to find a new associate head men’s basketball coach, picking a familiar face.
- USA, host France enter Women’s World Cup as favorites
Women’s soccer heads into the 2019 FIFA World Cup in France on an all-time high.
- Camp Verde Parks & Rec briefs: Next Diamondbacks road trip set for July
Camp Verde Parks & Recreation announces another trip to see our Arizona Diamondbacks play the Milwaukee Brewers, Sunday July 21.
- Mingus baseball racks up Grand Canyon Region honors
Five Mingus Union baseball were recognized by the Grand Canyon Region.
- Mingus boys basketball coach Dave Beery steps down
Mingus Union boys varsity head basketball coach Dave Beery resigned from his post but he’ll stay at MUHS.
- THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Mingus Union football players celebrate
- Henry Cejudo reflects on Maryvale roots as he prepares for UFC championship bout
PHOENIX – Henry Cejudo appeared destined for gold after his mother coined the nickname “Niño de Oro.” Golden Child.
- Camp Verde softball dominates Central Region honors
Almost every Camp Verde High softball player on the roster at the end of the season received honors from the ...
- Coaches' corner: Mingus wrestlers battle modern day giants
Just as history tells of King David who faced a giant, our kids today face many giants in different forms ...
- ‘One team, one heartbeat’: Arizona softball ends Women’s College World Series drought
TUCSON – Jitters permeated much of packed Rita Hillenbrand Memorial Stadium on Saturday night. Decked in cardinal red and navy ...
- Camp Verde baseball racks up Central Region honors
Central Region champions Camp Verde baseball was well represented on the All-Region teams.
- Power play: Led by ASU, collegiate hockey flexes its muscle in Arizona
PHOENIX — Hockey dreams often start on frozen ponds. It’s braving the cold and racing the sun as it dips ...
- Cottonwood’s Jordan Bramblett wins NAIA national marathon championship
GULF SHORES ALABAMA – Jordan Bramblett could not have written a better script to call it a day for the ...
- Mingus baseball stars sign with Arizona JUCOs
Long time friends Chris Mathe and Justin Tanner may be going to different schools but they’re both staying in state ...
- Commentary: What a school year for Verde Valley high schools
Ahead of the 2A baseball and softball state semifinals I asked Camp Verde head softball coach Henry Smith about the ...
- ‘Best-kept secret in wrestling’: Pac-12 seeks expansion
PHOENIX – Reacting to concerns it could lose its automatic NCAA qualifier status in wrestling, the Pac-12, which features powerhouse ...
- Mingus soccer’s Garcia-Hernandez signs with ACU
Mingus Union soccer senior Jovany Garcia-Hernandez’s dream has been to move onto the next level and now he is.
- Commentary: Verde Valley fans travel well to state tournaments
Most of the action for Verde Valley high school sports team this spring postseason was at multi field complexes.
- Coaches' corner: Mingus wrestlers working hard in Weekend Wars
It’s great to be back in a championship environment and exciting to see all of the boys working hard. This ...
- SOFTBALL QUEENS AGAIN: Camp Verde High rallies to win third softball state championship
TEMPE — Camp Verde High softball looked like it was dead and buried.