- Commentary: Social media the new arena for Town Hall debate
City council chambers and the best bar in town used to be the primary arenas for public discourse on community ...
- Letter: A common-sense approach to Cottonwood Airport
If I am not mistaken, Cottonwood started out as a ranching and farming community in support of Jerome’s mining industry.
- Letter: Public schools need to re-introduce Bible curriculum
Mr. David Leibforth, unfortunately, in his March 5 guest editorial,, doesn’t perceive the value of teaching the Bible for credit ...
- Commentary: Planes, trains, automobiles, coyotes; the noise never stops
The mix of residential neighborhoods with an airport is hardly a new discussion in Cottonwood.
- Editorial Cartoon No. 2: March 22, 2019
Editorial Cartoon No. 2: March 22, 2019
- Editorial Cartoon 1: March 22, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 1: March 22, 2019
- Editorial: Mingus Open Meeting Law violation deserves second look
The Mingus Union School Board should ask the Arizona Attorney General’s Office for another review and full finding of fact ...
- Letter: Thanks to all for helping us through the aging process of volunteerism
When we started we were not really old ladies, but now we are really OLD ladies and these old ladies ...
- Letter: Airport expansion not worth the impact on quality of life
As someone who lives near the airport I have become very concerned that the City of Cottonwood is looking to ...
- Editorial Cartoon 2: March 17, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 2: March 17, 2019
- Editorial Cartoon 1: March 17, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 1: March 17, 2019
- Letter: Fears over Bible instruction unfounded
For most of our nation’s history the Bible was taught in public education. We are not wiser than our forefathers ...
- Letter: Please don’t paint all ‘evangelicals’ with same brush
I belong to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America; the most progressive denomination of Lutherans. We ordain men and women, ...
- Editorial: Camp Verde discussion could be a sign of the times
Gaining a little control over how much is too much when it comes to political signage and the degree to ...
- Editorial Cartoon 2: March 15, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 2: March 15, 2019
- Editorial Cartoon 1: March 15, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 1: March 15, 2019
- Letter: Do we want a busier Cottonwood airport?
More jets, helicopters and training exercises? If we don’t now is the time to make our views known to the ...
- Letter: Great job in cleaning up mess at Windmill Park
Kudos to the clean-up crew who tackled the big job of cleaning Windmill Park in Cornville after the flood.
- Letter: Helping hands, Good Samaritans in abundance in Verde Valley
On the night of February 14th Beaver Creek, Oak Creek and the Verde River all escaped their boundaries and caused ...
- Editorial: Political winds made dramatic shift in Jerome this week
For the past year, Jerome appeared -- at long last – to be embracing the idea of allowing for staggered ...
- Commentary: It’s hardly a walk in the park when a brawl erupts
As for the City of Cottonwood not condoning violence in its city parks, the city needs to take it one ...
- Editorial Cartoon 2: March. 10, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 2: March. 10, 2019
- Editorial Cartoon 1: March. 10, 2019
Editorial Cartoon 1: March. 10, 2019
- Commentary: Forecasts of a civil war are greatly exaggerated
A veteran conspiracy theorist and partisan combatant, diGenova looks to be an avid indoorsman ill-suited for combat. Then too, like ...
- Commentary: Why not consider a comparative religions course?
A comparative religions course would also be a great opportunity for schools to partner with various religious leaders and scholars ...